Monday, June 24, 2013

Richard takes a break, vows Sarah will return

source: inquirer.net


Kapuso star Richard Gutierrez chooses not to mind issues concerning his “off-shore” girlfriend, actress Sarah Lahbati, but guarantees her return to Manila. “I’m guaranteeing that Sarah will come back soon. She will answer all these questions personally,” the actor told entertainment writers on Thursday. He just arrived from visiting Sarah in Switzerland, where she had flown apparently to evade lawsuits filed by GMA 7.

Late last May, the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office said it was supporting the libel case filed against Sarah in January by GMA 7 executive Annette Gozon-Abrogar. The Kapuso network also filed a P7-million civil suit for “specific performance with damages.”

Richard reported that her controversial sweetheart was “doing well,” but refused to discuss the rumor circulating on Twitter that he had gotten the 19-year-old pregnant and that she had given birth.

During Thursday’s media gathering for his latest movie “My Lady Boss,” Richard announced he was “taking a few months off.”

Expired contract

He said his contract with GMA 7 expired last month, and that he needed only to finish promoting the movie. “I’ve been with the network for 11 years. It’s going to be a long break,” he said. “I’m not closing my doors on anything; in fact, I see this as the perfect opportunity to assess my situation. I’ve done everything with GMA 7—movies, drama shows, documentaries, reality programs, game shows. I’ve had a full career with the network.”

Cut short

The former “Captain Barbel” lead star said he had cut short his Switzerland trip to help promote “My Lady Boss,” whose screening was moved to July 3. “It’s my responsibility as an actor,” he pointed out, “my obligation to coactors, the director and producers.”

Richard was hopeful that viewers would appreciate the Jade Castro-directed film, his first teamup in a long while with Marian Rivera. They were costars in the 2008 romantic comedy, “My Best Friend’s Girlfriend.”

Different view

Richard said his only hope for this new movie was that it would entertain the tandem’s supporters. “If we achieve this, I’ll be very proud, whether or not it does well in the box office.”

“My Lady Boss” also features Tom Rodriguez, Rocco Nacino, Sef Cadayona, Ronaldo Valdez and Maricel Laxa.


source: inquirer.net

No comments:

Post a Comment