Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Getting romantic: The CompanY, Echo, Jay-R and Kyla


EVERY YEAR, Inquirer Entertainment helps readers pick the best show for that special date, by asking the concert artists what they have in store for audiences.

‘And I Love Her’
Jericho Rosales, Febuary 11 and 12, Teatrino, Promenade Greenhills; Call 891-9999, 721-6726 or 706-2170 to 71

‘Soulmates’
Jay-R and Kyla, February 11, The Establishment, Taguig; Call 633-9825 to 27, 844-9093 or 0916-7603338


‘A Big Band Love Affair’
The CompanY, February 14, New World Hotel Grand Ballroom, Makati; with guests Bo Cerrudo and Stephanie Reese; Call 891-9999 or 216-1054

What was the most unique Valentine’s Day you’ve ever experienced?

Jericho Rosales: My ex-girlfriend’s (Heart Evangelista) birthday falls on February 14, so it was like a double celebration then.

Jay-R: My girlfriend surprised me with a very nice gift. She put together some pictures from our first dates and sprinkled glitter with a nice message in a frame. Every minute of her time was devoted to Binibining Pilipinas so I have no idea how she did it.

Kyla: I always tell this story. I had a concert, and my boyfriend now, who was courting me then, watched the show. He wore a shirt with my picture on it and the words “I Love Nanie.” It was sweet because I saw him while I was singing onstage.

Moy Ortiz: I went on a pilgrimage to visit ancient churches. Seriously.

Cecille Bautista: I can’t remember. We’ve been working every Valentine’s Day for more than two decades.

Jay Marquez: Every year is unique, since the 1990s till today. I always work on Valentine’s Day as a singer/actor.

Sweet Plantado: Every year, The CompanY has a unique Valentine show.

Bo Cerrudo: I ate fastfood chicken at the parking lot with my partner before we watched Michel Legrand at PICC. We were scared we wouldn’t make it in time due to traffic.

When was your happiest Valentine’s Day and why?

Jericho: I always had fun on Valentine’s Day with all my ex-girlfriends.

Jay-R: Last year was the first Valentine’s I spent with my Beauty Queen.

Kyla: The last five years have been memorable.

Moy: Last year was a cool Valentine! Despite competition from foreign acts we filled up the grand ballroom of a first class hotel in Manila!

Cecille: It must have been the first one I spent with my then-boyfriend, now my husband, because it was when I realized he was The One.

Jay: I don’t remember. I’m excited this year because there’s a major concert.

Sweet: February 14, 2005. My first Valentine’s Day as a wife and a soon-to-be mom.

Bo: Each one was very happy since I always spent it with my family. Loving unconditionally is much more fulfilling than looking or waiting for love to find you.

Who’s your fantasy date?

Jericho: Either Natalie Portman or Audrey Tautou (of the film “Amelie”).

Jay-R: Miss Philippines International Krista Arrieta Kleiner.

Kyla: Josh Hartnett!

Moy: A unicorn from Atlantis that was found in the Bermuda triangle!

Cecille: I don’t have any fantasy date other than my husband. Well, maybe my favorite massage therapist for a fantastic rubdown.

Jay: Anyone with a ...

Sweet: Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Bo: Julia Roberts is still at the top of my list.

What’s your latest favorite love song and why?

Jericho: I’ve been listening to Maroon 5’s “It’s Just A Feeling.” And also “Something,” “All My Lovin’” and “And I Love Her.” Cool songs!

Jay-R: “You Are My Everything” by Mary J. Blige because Krista dedicated that song to me.

Kyla: One of them would be “Something Special” by Usher.

Moy: Anything by Bread or Carpenters. I love vintage pop!

Cecille: It’s not very recent, but I think “The Last Time” by Eric Benet is so romantic.

Jay: Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me.”

Sweet: I like old love songs.

Bo: I love the ’50s French song composed by Edith Piaf, “Hymne A L’amour” and its English adaptation “If You Love Me.”

If you’re not doing a Valentine show, who would you want to watch?

Jericho: Martin Nievera and Sarah Geronimo’s concert.

Jay-R: I want to watch Krista. She has a show on Valentine’s Day with Christian Bautista.

Kyla: Barbra Streisand. Perfect for Valentine’s.

Moy: A musical act that has integrity and substance.

Cecille: I would just like to have a quiet romantic date with my husband. I want him all to myself.

Jay: Maroon 5.

Sweet: A musical theater play.

Bo: I’ll just probably go some place special with my family and take advantage of that time to rest.

Why should we watch your show?

Jericho: For me it’s a dream come true and I will be singing songs that I really like. I have a very special guest and it’s a secret. Paolo Valenciano and I will be directing. This is an intimate show not just for couples, but for singles as well.

Jay-R: We can make you fall in love all over again. We will give you that butterfly-in-your-stomach feeling like it was your first date.

Kyla: If you want to just chill and have a great time, come and watch our show.

Moy: Because it has integrity, substance and mischief!

Cecille: Because we guarantee romance and a rollicking good time.

Jay: Because it’s the best among the rest! Really.

Sweet: Because we are The CompanY!

Bo: This is the first time that I’ll be performing with a multi-awarded group like The CompanY and a very versatile chanteuse Stephanie Reese.

source: Inquirer

No comments:

Post a Comment