Tuesday, March 01, 2011

John-Priscilla talk about destiny; Janice explains absence from ex's wedding


MANILA, Philippines — Newlyweds actor-host John Estrada and Brazilian beauty queen Priscilla Meirelles sat down together for their first interview as a married couple to talk about love and destiny, among other things.

Interviewed by Boy Abunda on a local entertainment news program right after their wedding on Feb. 26 and aired on Sunday, Estrada opened up about his new wife.

“The very first time that we had a date... alam mo ba 'yung meron tayong sa ano, sa pagkatao natin, meron tayong mga bagay na nakikita na parang, 'Ops.'

“Priscilla was coming up the escalator that time. Manonood kami ng sine. Tapos ako, [and] si good friend Perry. Sabi ni Perry, 'Dude, 'pag 'yan naman ang magiging date mo ngayon, kung ako sa'yo pakasalan mo na 'yon.' So alam mo 'yung pag-ganon ni Priscilla sa escalator, 'tas tumitingin kung nasan kami. Sabi ko, 'Uh-o. Hmm, sana ito na nga 'yon'," he related, laughing.

The new Mrs. Estrada also said that she’s a firm believer of destiny. “I don't believe that anything is by chance in life and, you know, I really think that there is a plan for everything and a reason why everything happens,” said she.

The two wed on Saturday at a resort in La Union. A garden wedding, around 250 guests were said to have attended the star-studded affair. Celebrities stood as sponsors, such as Richard Gomez (Best Man), Lucy Torres-Gomez (one of the two Matrons of Honor); with secondary sponsors Ginger Conejero, Anjo Yllana, Randy Santiago, Ai Ai delas Alas, Ogie Alcasid, Gabby Concepcion and Sharon Cuneta; and Kris Aquino as the Bible Reader.

Estrada’s children with ex-wife Janice de Belen were also part of the entourage, and the Meirelles family flew in all the way from Brazil to attend the wedding.

Estrada and Meirelles then shared their favorite parts of the ceremony.

Definitely when I walked the aisle and they're playing one of my favorite songs, the song I dreamed of [playing], you know, [while] walking. I realized that I was really getting married, I was being somebody else's, you know, mrs. and I'm gonna build my own family,” said Meirelles.

John, being the comedian that he is, said, “I think the kiss was nice.”

“And yeah, 'yung paglakad niya papunta sa 'kin, waiting for her at the altar, maganda. At inenjoy ko 'yung reception talaga. You know, masaya lahat,” he added.

But according to Estrada, their honeymoon plans are currently on hold since they’re both still individually busy. “It can wait. Hindi naman kami nagmamadali mag-honeymoon,” he said.

Meirelles, meanwhile, admitted that she isn’t ready to have a baby yet.

“Ako ready ako, pero not now. I really wanna enjoy this moment and I really believe that there's something very special about being married and everything. So I don't want to rush it with kids already because I don't think that, at this moment in time, we need to enjoy each other in a different perspective. Not anymore just a boyfriend-girlfriend, now as a couple. When God wants to bless us with kids, and we're ready for it. Why not?,” she explained.

Estrada then shared an interesting anecdote involving Meirelles’ mother and the latter’s desire to have a grandchild from them as soon as possible.

“'Yung nanay niya, sabi niya dapat daw sa December pagbalik niya, or January, dapat daw may karga-karga na siya. Siguro malapit-lapit na 'to pero hindi ko alam sa asawa ko. [Kung] talagang ready na sya, I am ready,” he said.

Although admitting to “pagseselos” when it came to her husband, Meirelles said that she’s comfortable with him being tagged as “one of the most gorgeous men in showbiz.”

“Sa totoo talaga, gusto ko when he dress[es] up well, when his hair's nice, 'yung skin niya mabuti. Gusto ko 'yung makita siya [na] star na star, [na masasabi] ko, 'Oh, okay. That's my husband,' gano'n,” she added.

More, Meirelles intimated that she has a good relationship with Estrada’s children with Janice de Belen--Inah, Moira, Kaila and Yuan.

“We really enjoy each other's company. The kids are very nice to me and I try to be the best for them [up to] the point I can, because they have a mother.

“I believe I'm too young to be somebody else's mother, to start with. They have a great mother, so ako ay parang 'yung tao do'n para sa kanila. Kung gusto nila maging kaibigan, if I can help somehow, it's just like [I'm an] addition to the family,” she said.

Estrada also opened up about why he didn’t feel the need to inform de Belen about their intention to get married. “Kung kailangan talaga, bakit hindi? Pero hindi ko po naisip na kailangan ko pa magpasintabi dahil po matagal na kaming hiwalay ni Janice."

He also said, “Matagal na po kaming annuled, mga seven or eight years na po. Pero I really appreciate Janice being the mother of my kids. She's a wonderful mother.”

Lastly, when asked what love is for them at that given moment, Meirelles said it’s about giving while Estrada simply described it as wonderful.

Meanwhile, in a report on “Paparazzi,” also on Sunday, de Belen disclosed the reason why she wasn’t present during this wedding.

“Everybody deserves their chance to be happy. So ang kasal ay happiness. Like I've said before, having me when they are starting a life together, it's really weird for everybody.

“You don't need me there! Saka huwag naman nating gawing circus ang kasal nila. I also don't want to be a side show,” she explained.

She also said that there aren't any problems when it comes to her children’s relationship with Meirelles since she always explains things to them and tells them to give their stepmom a chance.

However, when queried about her love life, de Belen said, “Okay naman ako. Alam mo hindi ko siya iniisip. It's the farthest thing on my mind dahil ang focus ko ngayon is my children and doing what I enjoy. Mahirap 'yung palagi kang nag-aabang. Hayaan mong mangyari.

source: manila bulletin

No comments:

Post a Comment