Friday, May 27, 2011

Mass held for AJ Perez's 40th day

source: abs-cbnnews


MANILA, Philippines – A mass was held on Thursday in commemoration of the 40th day since actor AJ Perez’s death.

Several Star Magic artists including Diether Ocampo, Piolo Pascal, Enchong Dee, Jessy Mendiola and Robi Domingo were at the event to pay tribute to the late actor.

“I’m just telling myself that AJ has been raised up and he’s with the Fathe now,” Domingo said.

“Honestly hindi ko talaga siya nararamdaman na wala na siya. Pakiramdam ko nandiyan pa rin siya. I think it’s a good way to get together again for all those people na mahal na mahal si AJ,” said Dee.

Perez’s girlfriend, Steph Ayson, was also there.

“I think hindi naman magbabago how much I miss him kasi not seeing him everyday, not getting to talk to him, it’s still difficult. But then I have ways of dealing with the times that I miss him. I think I’m doing better naman than before,” she said.

People who attended the mass, which was officiated by Fr. Tito Caluag, were requested to bring toys for the Universal Kindergarten campaign of the Department of Education (DepEd).

Perez, who was supposedly part of the campaign with actors Xian Lim and Martin del Rosario, was represented by his younger brother Gello.

“Kasi noon nag-usap kami ng DepEd kasi alam naman ng karamihan na ngayong darating na school year, sisimulan ang Universal Kindergarten sa public schools. Si Xian, si Martin, si Enrique at si AJ, silang apat sana ang magiging team to help collect 1.9 million toys for the 1.9 million kindergarten students. Ngayon natutuwa naman kami kasi ang pamilya ni AJ, si Gelo ang magsu-substitute kay AJ,” Caluag explained.

Gello vowed to actively participate in the movement.

source: abs-cbnnews

No comments:

Post a Comment