Sunday, August 14, 2011

Unfortunate incidents


MANILA, Philippines – Rocking the realm of showbiz and stealing the limelight from the newsmakers lately were separate unfortunate incidents involving beauty queen Karla Henry and actor Joseph Bitangcol.


When Ms. Earth 2008 Karla Henry was stabbed by a man reportedly in the parking lot of her condominium in Mandaluyong last Thursday, it brought the beauty queen back into the spotlight after falling below the radar since her last appearance as hurado on “Showtime” last year.

Though Henry is now "out of danger" and currently recuperating at the St. Luke’s Global City hospital in Taguig City, her mother is still fraught with fear and fury about the alleged stabbing of her daughter.

“I dont know if I hate him (Quibuyen).... Hindi ngayon eh. We’re more focused na gumaling siya (Henry) kasi malayo naman na mangyari sa kanya 'yun kasi she’s a very good person naman e,” Henry’s mother Nenita Ginteroy told in their Aug. 12 report.

Reports noted that Henry was stabbed from behind with a broken bottle by a suspect identified as Jherome Quibuyen, 29. The beauty queen was about to get into the elevator that time.

After removing a substantial amount of blood from the beauty queen’s lung cavity, Henry was finally declared stable. Her doctor noted that it's fortunate her spinal column was spared from the stabbing.

"Right now, she’s much better. May nilagay na tube doon sa may space in between the lung and the chest wall. Kaya kinailangang gawin ‘yon kasi nahihirapan siyang huminga,” said Dr. Lei Vital.

According to the report, Henry is to stay for five more days in the hospital. The tube will be removed three days after that.

Meanwhile, the suspect, who is now being held in jail, denied the allegations.


In other news, young actor Joseph Bitangcol is in stable condition after figuring in a vehicular accident on the morning of Aug. 10 while on his way to Antipolo.

The actor’s mother, Lydia Bitangcol, related that his son is “so far ay out of danger naman,” according to a previous MB report.

Describing the injuries sustained by her son, she said: “Ang humampas sa kanya ay 'yung left side ng face niya; may wakwak ang right finger. Ang initial findings ng doctor ay may fracture sa left side ng face at sa baba, kailangan yata ng operation."

The report also mentioned the possibility that the actor would have to undergo an operation that would place a metal plate on his fractured face.

“‘Yung buto dito (area below left eye)… Deformed kasi ‘yung buto dito. So may papagawa pang x-ray… para ma-distinguish talaga kung ano ‘yung pinaka-fracture,” said Dr. Regin Pioquinto.

Bitangcol’s five other companions, who sustained bruises and fractures in the body, are also stable.

The six individuals were aboard a Mitsubishi Montero when it collided with a 10-wheeler dump truck along a curved path on Sumulong Highway on Wednesday morning.

The truck driver, identified as 22-year-old Victor Beltran, claimed that the SUV was speeding and that its passengers were drunk. He was, however, apologetic about the incident. Beltran was nevertheless charged with reckless imprudence resulting in damage to property and multiple physical injuries, according to the same MB report.

Regardless of his claim and apology, Beltran is currently under the custody of Antipolo Police Station 2, as said in “Pinoy Parazzi’s” Aug. 13 report.

“Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa natin tiyak kung ano talaga ang nangyari. Hindi natin tukoy kung totoong lasing ang grupo ni Joseph o sobrang tulin ng truck. Basta sa ngayon, ‘yung driver na si Victor ay dito muna sa aming station habang hindi pa tapos ang kaso,” Antipolo Police Station 2 Commander, Senior Inspector Randy Amaro was quoted as saying by “Pinoy Parazzi."


No comments:

Post a Comment