Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lea honored as 'artist of excellence'

source: abs-cbnnews.com


LOS ANGELES, California – The Filipino community honored newly named Miss Universe judge and Filipino music icon Lea Salonga as Filipino-Americans kicked off its 20th annual Festival of Pilipino-American Culture (FPAC).

Salonga received the FPAC Artist of Excellence Honor.

Salonga had to rearrange her appearance at the festival to be the judge for the Miss Universe pageant. She also had to cancel a CD launch party scheduled on Tuesday in Hollywood.

Salonga will leave California on Sunday for Brazil.

"I've had my briefing, read over what I needed to sign," Salonga said. "I've got my gown ready, my shoes, my purse. I think I'm all set to go."

"I'm really, really excited so I’m just hoping for the best," she added.

Festival of culture

Tens of thousands of Filipinos participated in the annual festival.

Other big Filipino-American names graced the stage, including Disney star Roshon Fegans of Shake It Up and Camp Rock.

"I'm very appreciative of all the support," said Fegans who was performing at the festival for the first time.

Latin soul star Joe Bataan also made his return to the FPAC stage.

Bataan will be going to the Philippines for the first time next year to film his own music-based reality series.

The annual FPAC celebration continues to be one of the premier festivals celebrating Filipino culture and achievement as Filipino-American stars continue to make appearances.
source: abs-cbnnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment