Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Anonymous-Philippines makes public appearance during Cybercrime law rally at Supreme Court

source: interaksyon.com

Members of the hackers’ collective Anonymous-Philippines made their first public appearance on Tuesday, owning up to recent defacements of government websites and warning of more attacks unless the Cybercrime Prevention Act is scrapped.
Their faces hidden by masks with the image of Guy Fawkes--who had planned to blow up England's House of Lords in 1605 and which was adopted by the movie V for Vendetta--the small contingent attended the rally on Padre Faura against the controversial law ahead of oral arguments at the Supreme Court in Manila.
The group decided to lie low after the High Court issued a temporary restraining order against the cybercrime law, scheduled to expire on February 6, its spokesperson who called himself “Juan de la Cruz” said.

However, they decided to resume the offensive to drive home their message to junk the statute, de la Cruz said.

"Expect more attacks if this does not stop," De la Cruz warned the government. "If this continues, be assured no matter how secure your website is, we will attack you."

He added: "We do not know how to hurt people, we are not violent, but we can stop the government. If the cybercrime law is upheld, Internet freedom will be meaningless."

Among the websites defaced by Anonymous days before oral arguments were heard at the Supreme Court included those of the Metro Manila Development Authority, the National Food Authority, Cebu Port Authority, Philippine National Police and the Municipality of Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte.

Last week, they also defaced the website of Senator Vicente Sotto III, a known advocate of the libel provision in the cybercrime law.

source: interaksyon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment