Friday, March 04, 2011

UFC Live: Muñoz crushes foe in round 1


MANILA, Philippine – Mark “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Muñoz walloped his opponent in just 54 seconds for a defining win in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Live-Sanchez vs Kampmann on Thursday (Friday in Manila).

According to UFC.com, the Filipino-American middleweight contender rocked CB “The Doberman” Dollaway with a big right hand in Round 1 of what supposed to be a 3-round battle.

When I hit him, it went through my arm down my leg. I said, 'Oh, I got him, I hit something',” Muñoz said in the post-fight interview.

He then moved in for the finish, hitting the dazed Dollaway with two more flush right hands.

This prompted referee Mario Yamasaki to halt the bout and award the technical knockout victory to Muñoz.

“It feels great…God has blessed me, there's great people around me. I feel blessed, man,” Muñoz said after the win.

The Wrecking Machine improved his mixed martial arts (MMA) record to 10 wins against 2 losses.

Muñoz said the victory proved that he is ready to take on the best fighters in the middleweight division.

“I'm ready I’m ready to take on the best guys in my weight class. I'm working hard everyday, I'm gonna continue to work and put on as much as I can into this sport,” he said.

In the main event, Diego “Nightmare” Sanchez defeated Martin Kampmann by unanimous decision during their welterweight clash.

Scores were 29-28 across the board in favor of Sanchez.

UFC Live took place at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky.
source:

No comments:

Post a Comment